Bighorn Angler Fly Shop and Lodge is hiring for a manager position immediately! Here is what we are looking for:
Fly Shop Manager –Bighorn Angler Fly Shop and Lodge
We are looking for one talented individual to help lead our team. Our ideal candidate would be responsible for day-to-day management of our retail store, guides, reservation and all other daily functions. A self-starter and creative thinker who can work on own and lead others. A strong passion for fly-fishing and willingness to live and work in rural Montana. Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate would have retail experience in a fast paced environment in the outdoor industry, fly-fishing preferred. An excellent communicator who has proficiency in verbal and written communication. A self-starter who at times can work on own. A creative thinker and problem solver who can assist in developing big picture policy and have the follow through to implement. A driving passion to excel. A highly developed passion for fly-fishing, and a willingness to live and work in a beautiful remote area. Mentally tough with the ability to work long hours with little time off during the busy season.
In season Duties
• Managing the day-to-day operations of a fast paced fly shop.
• Managing the store employees and scheduling.
• Oversee and direct merchandising, cleaning and stocking to make sure the store is always presentation ready.
• Manage the POS system including inventory PO’s, Deliveries, input into POS and outgoing sales.
• Assist in updating daily fishing report, social media platforms, and blogs.
• Assist in scheduling guides as well as managing permit responsibilities.
• Manage guide schedules
• Work regular shifts on store floor and actively participate with customers.
Off Season Duties
• Assist with ordering, preseasons, new products, scheduling of orders.
• Update e commerce site with products.
• Drive e commerce winter sales on our site and other platforms.
• Assist with updates to blog, newsletter and social media platforms.
• Assist with hiring, training and scheduling of summer staff.
• Assist with all marketing efforts including seeking out and developing creative marketing solutions.
• One or more years in a fast paced retail environment in the outdoor world.
• Management of retail preferred.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Computer competency in online sales over different platforms.
• Competency with Microsoft office suite.
• A strong passion for fly-fishing, Montana and the outdoor lifestyle.
• Desire to live and work on one of the best fly fishing rivers on earth and share that passion with others.
• The ability to work long hours with little time off during the busy season, knowing that in the off season there is more availability for time away from the business.
Contact – Steve – email@example.com 406-666-2233
This post was written by Bighornangler