We wanted to share the latest news with you guys on where we are at regarding COVID-19 and our State regulations. Yesterday, Governor Steve Bullock held a press conference regarding lifting of certain State mandated regulations. It is described as a ‘phased opening.’ There’s plenty of politics here and we’re not trying to get in the middle of them, but agree we can’t just open things overnight.
Here is an overview of what’s going to happen:
- Retail operations are allowed to open, beginning Monday.
- The ‘Stay at Home’ ban lifts on Friday, for Montana residents.
- There are still travel bans for out of state residents, which consists of a 14 day quarantine. In simple terms, if you come here from out of State, you will be required to quarantine at your destination for 2 weeks, NO FISHING 🙁
- Crow Tribe will lift ‘Stay at home’ requirements next Friday, May 1st.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet or more will still be in place
So what does this mean for the Bighorn and Bighorn Angler? We still have some time to go. There are still so many unknowns. We will attempt to open on Monday, but The Bighorn County Health Department and the Crow Tribe have ultimate say on this matter. We are very concerned for the safety of this small community and our guests and will abide by their suggestions.
We’ll know some more early this next week and try to get an answer for all of you who are ready who are ready to get here and fish. It will be soon…
The good news is the fish haven’t been messed with in about a Month and will be ready to eat your flies!
Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or concerns, 406-666-2233Tags: Big Horn River fishing report, Bighorn COVID, Bighorn River 2020, bighorn river fly fishing
This post was written by Pete Shanafelt